Friday, November 27, 2009

Are men really better at shopping?

According to a new report by the Department for Stating the Bleeding Obvious men are better shoppers than women. Men on average spend five hours a week shopping; they know what they want, go in the shop, buy it and leave; whereas women spend on average eight hours, often forgetting what they went in the shop for and coming out with something completely different.

"Oh, yes, I remember now - a pair of gloves."

I may be a man but I’m not that stupid. The female art of pretending to forget is merely an endearing ploy in order that they get exactly what they want, albeit they may have to sneak it back home and tuck it away in the wardrobe, to then reveal with the immortal line “What –this old thing – I’ve had it ages! Don’t you remember I wore it to Rodney’s twenty-first…”

"What - this old thing..."

Must be off; today is International Buy Nothing Day and I want to catch the shops before they close.

[Via http://to55er.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment