Monday, November 23, 2009

I may have found everyone's Christmas gift

Pear jacket

This is, believe it or not, a pear cozy.  The idea seems to be that you wrap your pear in this pear cozy and it will protect the pear from bruising.  It seems suspiciously poorly engineered to me.  What about that entire area on the right side of the pear that is vulnerable to potential bruising?  The same seller offers other fruit jackets as well as tea-bag totes and (potentially useful) knitted coffee cup sleeves.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33694388

Thoughts about gum

It has become increasingly important to me to have a package of chewing gum on my person at all times.  There are many things that have reached this level of importance – ibuprofen, driver’s license, pens, cell phone, headphones – but none of these items have such a range of useful positive consequences.

  1. Better breath.  (This is obvious.)
  2. Healthier teeth. (This is obvious as well, because chewing gum manufacturers advertise this heavily.  If you read the fine print, many only makes your teeth healthier if the gum is chewed directly after consuming food or drink because chewing gum increases saliva flow, which evidently leads to  healthier teeth.  A few kinds have special things in them which are supposedly good for your teeth as well.)
  3. Alleviation of sore throats.  (Not as good as throat lozenges, but much more subtle.)
  4. Mental stimulant during really boring lectures.
Phone interview

Today I did my phone interview with salesforce.com in my bedroom.  My parent’s cat came in during the interview.  I petted her too much and she bit me.

Cat video

I’ve evidently become  the person for my friends to go to with interesting internet cat videos.  This one does not have sound.  I think it is funny.

http://www.videosift.com/video/Kitty-Cat-Loving-Nearly-Interrupts-Traffic-Ticket

Cats come and go without ever leaving.  ~Martha Curtis

[Via http://catsandblogs.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment