Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Half a day in St. James

October 27, 2009.

Due to an ‘emergency,’ I had to dash to St. James QC to rescue a friend. It was not of a big deal actually, since it was my off and I was bored anyway, I kinda volunteered to go. Anyways, it was my first time to set foot in that school. I’ve known its existence since I was six. Whenever we go to Novaliches to visit my cousins, my mother would always point to that place and tell me that that’s where my cousins study.

Going back, I didnt mind the fact that it was 1pm and it’s scorching hot outside. I didnt mind the fact that I have to sleep because I have work early morning next day. All I wanted to accomplish was to get to QC as soon as possible to rescue a friend.

Got there ’round 2pm. We met in a fast food chain, gave her a fleeting hug, and she dragged inside the institution. Honestly speaking, I was somehow excited to enter a school again, because I know that it will make me feel like I want to teach. I was right. Although, the feeling was not that strong, but I simply felt… at home. There’s no other word to describe it.

We sat and talked. She vented, I listened while my eyes are fixed on her face. I’ve never seen her like that before. She said something about cheering,bloody (literally) student, and how she has been feeling that way from the moment she woke up. I repeatedly ask her to calm down, and try to help her get to main reason why she’s feeling the way she does. We got the answer: Manong Service. (long story, really)

Anyways, some of her co-teachers passed by and discussed work-related things with her, while she chats the hour away, I noticed how messy the room was, so I volunteered to clean it up. I enjoyed cleaning the room, anyway. Haha. Best thing I did that day.

I left the school ’round 4:30pm, with the feeling that I wanted to teach lingering.

No comments:

Post a Comment