Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What Would Jesus DO?

A few weeks ago, during a Sunday Morning Devotions with some of my church frens, we were discussing on servanthood and somehow, the topic went to beggars on the streets. All of us have seen them and some of us might have donated some money to them before. I still do but not to all of them that I see on the streets as some are very young (in their mid 30’s or 40’s) and there weren’t any physical disabilities on them so I think they could find a proper job if they wanted to. But the point here is not whether we give them money or not. What I am trying to say is what we could have done with them? There are many things that we could have done but we didn’t. Why? I think the answer is very obvious. We think they are filthy. Some are afraid of them; others just don’t have the courage. Sad to say I am in the latter category. Many times I would just love to talk to them and ask why they are on the streets. Wanted to help them get into welfare centre and so forth but I just couldn’t do it. In our devotions, bible studies or cell group we talked about helping others, being a humble servant yet we have ignored these group of people. It got me thinking about What would Jesus do and we should follow suit….

No comments:

Post a Comment